1. Did you know about Greta before today? If yes, when did you hear about her?
2. Why do you think Greta's speeches are so powerful?
3. Do you think climate change is as serious a problem as she makes it?
4. If climate conferences are ineffective, what do you think the world should do?
5. Do you know anyone with Aspergers?
Free talk about Greta
1. Did you know this story before today? If yes, when did you hear about it?
2. What did Dr. Nakamura do in Afghanistan? Why was it important?
3. Why do you think he was killed? What did people in other rooms say?
4. Can you imagine going abroad to help others? Why or why not?
Free talk about Dr. Nakamura
TIPS FOR IN-CLASS CHAT
1. Try to make 10 GOOD comments!
2. You can ask questions!
3. You can answer other peoples questions!
4. Comments should include reasons for full points.
5. Stay on the topic!
6. No Japanese or bad words!
"I love Lady Gaga" 1/2 point "I love Lady Gaga because she is a good singer. What about you?" 1 point "I love Lady Gaga because she is a good singer and she donated a lot to Japan after the Tohoku Earthquake. I think she is a great person! Don't you?" 2 points "Lady Gaga 大好き" 0 points "What did you eat for dinner yesterday?" O points